Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Three Dog Bakery recipe
Make and share this Scrumptious Scottie Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- combine flour, baking powder and honey in a bowl.
- Add oil, egg, milk and garlic, then stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/2" thick, cut into 2" squares and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 min, allow to cool on a rack then serve. Store in an airtight container.
OMG. SO. FUN. I don't think I've ever had a more pleasant dough to roll out! We even tried them and they aren't bad, er, if you like honey and garlic. I replaced 1/2 the flour with whole wheat, and used cookie cutters instead of cutting squares, but otherwise I followed what you had written. They were tested and highly approved by FIVE dogs (and four weird people)!