Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the web and made some adjustments. I added shrimp to the recipe and changed an herb that was listed. This recipe is so simple to make, but the flavor is WOW! Plus, it's beautiful when it sits on the plate.
- 453.59 g sea scallops (cut in 1/2 or 1/4 if large)
- 453.59 g peeled and cleaned large shrimp
- 14.78 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 236.59 ml plum tomato, diced
- 118.29 ml ripe olives, chopped
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 0.59 ml salt, to taste
- 0.59 ml fresh ground pepper
- 4-6 servings cooked linguine
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops, and saute 4 minutes or until done. Remove scallops from skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside, and keep warm. Add shrimp and cook until just pink in color, remove from skillet, add to scallops, keep warm.
- 2. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, add onion rings and garlic to skillet, and saute for 2-3 minutes, until onions are tender. Add tomato and remaining ingredients and saute 2 minutes or until tender.
- Return scallops and shrimp to skillet and toss gently until blended.
- 3. Spoon sauce over linguini. Serve it immediately.
I have made this recipe countless times now, and I must say it's as delicious and beautifull as it sounds!!! Was fairly easy and quick, and has restaurant-quality taste and presentation! The ONLY thing I added was a heaping tablespoon capers, which I happen to love; I did NOTHING different as far as directions and ingredients.....have recommended to friends with absolute agreement! This recipe is definitely a 5-star beauty!!!
Very very yummy, even my non seafood eating housemates had a crack at it. I would probably put more tomatos in too, just didn't seem saucy enough. I used fresh herbs from my garden. Will definately make again. Thanks for a great dinner.
Delicious!! Next time I would add more tomatos.