Recipe by Chris Reynolds
I found this recipe in a Schwann's catalog. I have tinkered with it a bit so you don't have to use Schwann's ingredients.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans salmon or 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 2 eggs, hardboiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄4 cup tartar sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese or 4 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mix salmon, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper, tartar sauce, and all but two tablespoons of the mayonnaise until well blended.
- Spread the remaining 2 tbsp of mayonnaise on the rye bread. Divide the salmon mixture on top of the bread.
- Top with the tomato and cheese slices. For a prettier presentation, cut the cheese into two triangles.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.