Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I love this recipe with just a few little changes you can make 3 different kinds of bread.. Pumpkin Spice Bread, Scrumptious Apple Butter Bread or Scrumptious Banana Bread. Wonderful flavor and texture no matter which you make and so moist. I like having several mini loaves made of each in the freezer for company.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 350°F, rack in middle position.
- Heat pumpkin,cinnamon,nutmeg,cloves in a saucepan medium heat until steamy.
- Stirring continuously, cook until pumpkin is stiff and starts to stick to the bottom of pan, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium size bowl, whisk in water, brown sugar, then oil and eggs till smooth.
- In separate bowl mix together dry ingredients, fold in pumpkin mixture just till combined (don't over mix).
- Scrape batter into 1 large greased loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans.Bake until firm and golden brown about 50 minutes for minis and 70 minutes for large loaf pan.
- Let bread stand for a few minutes before turning onto a rack. Cool completely before freezing.
This is amazingly moist, but doesn't fall apart. I was very concerned with that much sugar, especially when it is in equal proportion to the flour, but it works really well with the other flavours and doesn't come out too sweet at all. Served topped with Recipe #330648 and it was a huge hit!
I had this bread and I must say it was my favorite, I love pumpkin and the bread is so moist!!!