1/2 Photos of Scrumptious Orange Carrot Cake
Clare 'E-Foodie' Jones's Note:
This is my take on the classic carrot cake..I cheat and use Betty Crocker Frosting / Icing because my husband is always so desperate for a piece! When I made this in the US I substituted pumpkin spice for the mixed spice in the UK...seemed like the same mix!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g carrots, peeled and grated
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 175 g dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 100 g sultanas
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 50 g pecan nuts, toasted and chopped
For the syrup glaze
- 1Heat the oven to 180°C.
- 2Combine the oil, eggs and sugar and whisk until sugar dissolved.
- 3Sift the flour, mixed spice and cinnamon and stir in .
- 4Add all the other ingredients and combine.
- 5Pour equal amounts into each cake tin and put in the oven for about 30 minutes…you are looking for a springy but firm feeling. Put a skewer in to check cooked through.
- 6Melt the sugar and juices together, pierce each of the cakes with a skewer, and pour the syrup over.
- 7Leave to cool (I leave in the fridge overnight) Then sandwich the cakes together with half the icing and cover the top with the rest.
- 8You can toast some coconut for the top for decoration--delicious!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrumptious Orange Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.8
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 412.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of