Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Our family has these tasty meatballs every Christmas eve. They are SO good, everyone loves them! I got the recipe years ago from a co-worker.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 chopped onion
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (4 ounce) jar whole mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- Mix Meatball ingredients together (1st 8 ingred.), form into meatballs.
- Place meatballs on cookie sheet lined with foil (EASY clean-up!) and bake at 350 until meatballs are done.
- Mix together preserves, mushrooms and barbecue sauce.
- Place meatballs in a crock pot and pour sauce over.
- Cook on low until ready to serve.
These are amazing! You would think with 10oz of apricot preserves it would be too sweet, but it has just the right amount of sweetness to compliment the tang of the BBQ sauce and spices. I'm not much of a meat eater, but these had me lickin' my fingers! Also, the ease of using the crockpot with these makes them the perfect make-ahead or company's coming appetizer. Thanks Mrs. M for the meatballs that are sure to please ALL ages!
My mom makes the best meatballs ever! I love these things. Seriously, once you try one...you just cannot stop.