Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Using a variation in the type of potatoes and onions I usually use to prepare this dish, I developed this recipe based on my choices listed in the rules. I tend to use Hidden Valley products often in my recipes, therefore it was easy to experiment and come up with this "scrumptious" tasting potato casserole. I do substitute low-calorie and add vegetables when I can, to get my family to eat more vegetables.
- 8 -12 red potatoes, rinsed and diced
- 2 shallots, bulbs chopped small
- 10 fresh spinach leaves, chiffonade cut
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- In 8 quart pot, boil water then add the diced potatoes, cooking for 10 minutes. Do not overcook them. (Prepare your other ingredients while the potatoes are cooking). Drain the potatoes and add the shallots, spinach, corn, garlic, Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing and sour cream, tossing gently to mix into the potatoes. Spread the potato mix in an 8” x 13” greased cake pan. Sprinkle the last 4 ingredients, in order, over the potatoes. Bake 350 F for 35-45 minute, until the potatoes are tender.
- *Chiffonade cut—leafy green vegetables (like spinach) that are stacked, rolled tightly and then cut into long thin strips.