Donna M.'s Note:
A great salad for the warm weather months. Works beautifully for luncheon buffets, too. The combination of flavors and textures is perfect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta (I like bowties)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups cooked peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (toasted or not)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimientos
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Cook pasta, al dente, drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- 2Blend mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 3Drain pineapple, saving juice.
- 4Gently stir all ingredients together, adding as much of the reserved pineapple juice as needed to moisten.
- 5Save any extra pineapple juice in case you need to add more after salad has chilled and absorbed some of the dressing.
- 6Chill well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrumptious Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 450.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: