Recipe by Donna M.
A great salad for the warm weather months. Works beautifully for luncheon buffets, too. The combination of flavors and textures is perfect.
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta (I like bowties)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups cooked peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (toasted or not)
- 1 (2 ounce) jardiced pimientos
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, al dente, drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Blend mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain pineapple, saving juice.
- Gently stir all ingredients together, adding as much of the reserved pineapple juice as needed to moisten.
- Save any extra pineapple juice in case you need to add more after salad has chilled and absorbed some of the dressing.
- Chill well.