Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great salad for the warm weather months. Works beautifully for luncheon buffets, too. The combination of flavors and textures is perfect.
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta (I like bowties)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups cooked peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (toasted or not)
- 1 (2 ounce) jardiced pimientos
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta, al dente, drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Blend mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain pineapple, saving juice.
- Gently stir all ingredients together, adding as much of the reserved pineapple juice as needed to moisten.
- Save any extra pineapple juice in case you need to add more after salad has chilled and absorbed some of the dressing.
- Chill well.
We really liked this salad, great flavours (even on a Spring day!) I used bowtie pasta and added a little finely chopped red onion as well. Thanks for posting.
Good recipe, I really liked the pineapple in this, it added a nice, fresh taste. Next time I will add chopped red onion or maybe a dash of curry or cayenne just because our family enjoys having a little zing in our food. I am going to keep this in my favorites because I think it'll be great for luncheons, showers, etc. Thank you Donna for posting such a tasty recipe.