Recipe by Besketty!
This is something we've been making for years. If you're in Australia you can use the specific brand of ingredients otherwise find yourself a good substitute. The cooking time for the chicken will vary a little but mine usually takes about 15 - 20 min - you have to keep an eye on it and don't burn it. ***The chicken needs to be cooked in a nonstick pan on a low heat (I turn my stovetop a quarter) - if the "sauce" is sticking to the bottom you need to lower the temp*** You can vary your own amounts of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, coriander and danish feta to taste and make the salad as dense or light as you wish - the amounts below are just how we like it. It's honestly really difficult to mess this up - as long as you get the chicken right you're fine! You could add olives etc to this salad but be careful as he feta makes it salty. The flavours in this dish are scruptious!!
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 150 g pizza sauce (I use 3 of the sachets of the boxed Leggos Pizza Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (More or less to taste, I use Clives MILD Curry Powder)
- 1 small lettuce (Sliced up or how you prefer)
- 15 cherry tomatoes (Sliced in half or left whole)
- 1 medium cucumber (Sliced as you prefer)
- 15 fresh coriander leaves (Roughly chopped or whole)
- 150 g danish feta (Cut into small cubes, Smooth Feta is similar to Danish Feta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken fillets, opened up, in one layer in a non stick pan.
- Spread half the pizza sauce on the top.
- Sprinkle half the Curry Powder over the chicken & sauce.
- Turn the chicken thighs over and repeat step 2 & 3 with the other half of the sauce & curry powder.
- Turn the stove on low heat and cook, turning a few times until just done.
- While the chicken is cooking, make up the salad as you like it with the Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber and Coriander.
- When the chicken is done cut up into small chunks.
- Add the chicken AND the left over sauce (warm or cold) to the salad and toss lightly.
- Add the danish feta - toss lightly.