Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This was adapted from "Fix-it and Forget-it Recipes for Entertaining - Slow Cooker favorites for all Year Round". The original recipe called for eight chicken breasts but I only use four and just make it extra "saucy".
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 package lipton dry onion soup mix
- fresh basil or oregano, chopped
- Grease the bottom and sides of slow cooker.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients except fresh herbs. Pour over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on low for 6 hours. (If convenient, stir after 3 hours of cooking.).
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs just before serving.
- Serve with rice, couscous, or over toast as a SOS meal.
I make this often and just made it yesterday. Its so good. I always add a can of mushrooms and sometimes some dill.