Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend Julieanne gave me this recipe. It is an easy and delicious dinner dish, especially if you have cheesburger lovers in your house! This makes a nice twist on such an ordinary dish. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 9 slices American cheese, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 16 slices dill pickles
- 3 large plum tomatoes
- 2 cups lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375°F Chop onion.
- In frying pan, cook ground beef with onions over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Add ketchup, mustard and 5 of the cheese slices, cut up; stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13-inch round pan or baking stone with points towards the outside.
- (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center.) Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle.
- Top each scoop with pickle slice.
- Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring.
- (filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut each of the remaining 4 cheese slices into 4 triangles.
- Arrange cheese triangles over top of ring.
- Slice tomatoes.
- Arrange tomato slices around inside center of ring.
- Slice lettuce into thin strands.
- Place in center of ring.
- Serve with additional ketchup and mustard, if desired.
So easy to make! I also tried it with cubes of ham and swiss cheese and one with hamburger, pizza sauce, and pepperoni and banana peppers. They've all been a hit!
I made this recipe today for my fiance, his parents and my parents. Everyone loved it. I added bacon to it too. I agree that the pickle is necessary...I think I'll even add more pickles next time! A really fun and different recipe. It's a keeper!
What a fun idea! I made these for the kids and their friends for a Saturday lunch. They LOVED it. I used diced shallots in place of the onions, and omitted the mustard (my kids donâ€™t like mustard (yet lol). Very easy to follow. I will be making this often. I plan on trying taco seasoned meat and topping it with cheddar or pepperjack. Thanks KC!