Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I received this recipe from a family friend. The combination of ingredients sound a little strange... but trust me... it's delicious! I serve this with Ritz crackers. (Prep time includes chilling time.)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided in half
- Beat cream cheese until softened.
- Stir in gently, crushed pineapple, bell pepper, green onion, lemon pepper, season salt and 1 cup pecans.
- Roll on plastic wrap into a ball.
- Wrap up the ball in plastic wrap and chill for 2-4 hours.
- Once the ball is firm, roll in remaining 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Serve with crackers.
A wonderful cheese ball which everyone enjoyed. Great flavour.
I made this as part of our Christmas Eve nibbles, the added pineapple gives this cheese ball a nice sweet flavour. Makes heaps too, thanks for posting.
Kim, this cheese ball, or should I say, "cheese bowl," was delicious! I couldn't stop snitching as I was making it! I say "cheese bowl" because I placed the whole mixture in a pretty glass bowl to serve instead of making it into a cheese ball! I followed the recipe, but since I didn't have lemon pepper, I added a splash of lemon juice and some freshly ground black pepper. Also, instead of using more pecans to coat the mixture, I used a sprinkling of parsley. I brought the "cheese bowl" to a dinner engagement we had been invited to and the hostess asked for the recipe! Now, I think that's one of the best compliments a chef can receive! Thank you so much for a great recipe! YUM! It's a definite keeper! ---Martha :)