Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple and scrumptious way to do a butternut squash;just a couple of ingredients and you have a great veggie side! Even my son will eat this!
- 2 butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 stick, cut into 16 equal pieces
- Halve the butternut squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Dot each half with 4 pieces of butter.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees until tender, about 20 minutes.
Yummm, yummmm. The brown sugar and cinnamon really dresses up butternut squash. I drizzed it with honey which made it even better. Thanks for sharing this simple yet wonderful dish, Norelllaural.
Excellent recipe, great flavor. The stated bake time was far too short- I baked mine at 350F for 45 minutes and it was just right. I like the touch of honey I used apprx 1 tsp, cut back on the butter to 2 tsp I only cooked 1 squash and put 1 tsp in each half and basted the squash as it cooked
This was very good and so easy. I also had to cook it for 45 min. Next time I think I will peel and cube the squash and put the other ingredients over. It may be more work, but lots easier to eat. Thanks for posting.