Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My cousin brought this EASY cake to our annual family reunion and I have served it often for almost every occassion imaginable. It is so rich that guests are sure it took days to make when actually, it takes less than 45 minutes. It is YUMMY! NOTE: Although the cake is great any time of the year, the coloring makes it a marvelous treat for HALLOWEEN!
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 3 (3 2/3 ounce) king size butterfinger candy bars
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350F or as directed on cake mix box.
- Prepare cake batter according to box directions and bake. I use a 9x13x2 glass pan.
- Remove cake from oven when done and allow to slightly cool. While cake is still warm, take the handle of a wooden spoon and make holes across the top of the cake.
- Open the Eagle brand milk and drizzle it all over the cake allowing it to seep into the holes. Set cake aside to cool completely after completing this step.
- When cake has COMPLETELY cooled, spread the Cool-Whip all over the top. Use as much or as little as you choose.
- Next, crush the butterfinger candy bars and sprinkle them all over the top of the cake.
- Important Note: Cake MUST be refrigerated before serving due to Cool-Whip.
- Serve and smile as the rave reviews come your way!
This is great and so easy!! I use Yellow Cake Mix instead of Chocolate and love it.
Luscious and easy!! Had a hard time leaving this cake alone!! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!!
For how easy this cake is to make it is absolutely delicious! I crushed the candy bars by leaving them in their wrapper and then used my rolling pin. So it was very easy to just open the wrapper and then sprinkle over the cake. Quick, easy, and tasty - how much better can it get!