Dari Donovan's Note:
My cousin brought this EASY cake to our annual family reunion and I have served it often for almost every occassion imaginable. It is so rich that guests are sure it took days to make when actually, it takes less than 45 minutes. It is YUMMY! NOTE: Although the cake is great any time of the year, the coloring makes it a marvelous treat for HALLOWEEN!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 3 (3 2/3 ounce) king size butterfinger candy bars
- 1 (14 ounce) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350F or as directed on cake mix box.
- 2Prepare cake batter according to box directions and bake. I use a 9x13x2 glass pan.
- 3Remove cake from oven when done and allow to slightly cool. While cake is still warm, take the handle of a wooden spoon and make holes across the top of the cake.
- 4Open the Eagle brand milk and drizzle it all over the cake allowing it to seep into the holes. Set cake aside to cool completely after completing this step.
- 5When cake has COMPLETELY cooled, spread the Cool-Whip all over the top. Use as much or as little as you choose.
- 6Next, crush the butterfinger candy bars and sprinkle them all over the top of the cake.
- 7Important Note: Cake MUST be refrigerated before serving due to Cool-Whip.
- 8Serve and smile as the rave reviews come your way!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrumptious Butterfinger Cake
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.3
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 393.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 57.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g