- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup canned mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- tomatoes, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 6 patties 3/4 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, bacon and mayo.
- Grill burgers turning only once.
- During the last 3 minutes, spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each burger.