Recipe by MTpockets
I begged a friend of mine that made these for his recipe. Oh my, I couldn't get enough of them. These are very moist and dense and they sort of remind me of fudge. Yum!
Top Review by MrsKnox2016
I've been on a mission to find the perfect fudgie brownie and have so far been unsuccessful. Meanwhile, my DH is probably sick of all the poor results. This recipe really delivered though. Easy to mix up, easy to bake, cool and in the fridge. I taste-tested this recipe at about 12am with a glass of cold milk, and it really hit the spot, nice chocolate taste, fudgie texture...will make again. Thanks MT!
- 1 cup butter (2 Sticks)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, Chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Chop or break chocolate into small pieces.
- In a small saucepan, add chocolate pieces and butter and melt, stirring, over very low heat.
- When Chocolate is completely melted, remove from heat and stir to combine with butter.
- Set aside to cool.
- Butter well a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, add brown sugar and stir in the eggs, mixing well after each addition, breaking up any lumps of sugar.
- When all the eggs have been added, stir in granulated sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add the chocolate and butter mixture to egg mixture, then slowly stir in flour.
- Add 1/2 the pecans and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Spread remaining pecans over the top of brownie batter and gently press into the batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and they begin to pull away from pan.
- Cool brownies completely, then refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve.
- They keep about a week if stored in an airtight container.