Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These scrumptious potatoes are very flavorful, VERY EASY, and always a hit! We always serve these when we have company, it just kicks up a steak dinner! Now the # of potatoes depends on the # you are cooking for! I am going to do this for 4
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced (or onion of your choice)
- 4 slices bacon, cut into halves (therefore 8 slices)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (may use more if needed)
- garlic powder
- 4 nice squares of heavy duty aluminum foil
- Wash and clean the potatoes.
- Rub them down with olive oil.
- Slice each potato down the center, but do not cut it all the way open, but go deep.
- Place 2 slices of bacon inside.
- Place several slices of onion.
- Season to your likings with salt, pepper,& garlic powder.
- Drizzle inside with olive oil.
- Close tight (you can use toothpicks if needed).
- Roll tight in foil so to keep potatoes closed, then twist sides of foil inches.
- Bake at 400°F in oven or on BBQ grill until they are tender.
- When done, remove bacon and serve with butter, sour cream, and fresh chives!
Loved this! I never thought of adding bacon. I liked that no one knew where that flavor came from. It wasn't over powering. Easy and perfect.
The bacon & onion does make this a special baked potato. The skin was crisp and the flesh moist. I used cottage cheese instead of sour cream Thanks kimberlie14 for another addition to my "keep" file