Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Bush Hotel in Farnham, Surrey. Scrumpy means rough, homemade cider, which was originally used in this recipe. Today any type of cider can be used.
- Beat the pork slices with a meat mallet and dredge them in flour.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the onion for a few minutes.
- Add the pork and fry quickly on each side, then add the mushrooms, pepper and salt and cook a further minute or two.
- Pour in the cider and cook for about 30 minutes or until the pork has cooked and the sauce has reduced to a creamy consistency.
- Place the pork and its sauce on a heat-proof serving dish and lay the apple slices on top. Put the dish under a preheated hot grill for 1 minute to heat and slightly brown the apples.
- Sprinkle the dish with chopped parsley and serve.
I was so glad I found this recipe as I had had something similar for my aniversary recently and have been searching for the secret of how the scrumpy created a subtle sauce without overpowering the delecate flavour of the pork...Delicious,,,thank you for sharing. Made for recipe swap.