Recipe by MSR
It was cold one night, and I didn't feel so great...so here it is...pure comfort food. Enjoy, leave out the brandy if you want...just on bad days it's nice knowing it's there :)
Top Review by katew
I used soy milk and a leftover panettone and had a delicious dessert. It made a wonderful breakfast too as I left out the brandy due to the children. It is so so easy to do - always a bonus for me.
- 4 cups roughly chopped day-old white bread
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped chocolate candy bar
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- extra sugar
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cranberries and brandy in a bowl to soak.
- Use the bit of butter to grease a small casserole dish; I use a 10-inch round casserole, but you get the drift.
- Chop up bread into bite size pieces, uniformity just doesn't matter.
- Chop up chocolate, and just leave it sitting on the chopping block with the bread.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt.
- Dump in bread, chocolate, cranberry/brandy and stir it all up.
- Dump into greased pan.
- Flatten out the top, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minute.
- --So to summarize -- chop chop stir dump shove in oven -- not so bad huh? Enjoy! It is very nice with homemade whipped cream.