Recipe by KristinV
These scrolls are so yummy! Found a recipe when looking for something similar to the product you can get from Banjo's Bakeries. The only one I could find needed some tweaking and this is the outcome! Super easy and super quick!
Top Review by loof
Yum - what a great breakfast treat! I used some purchased sugar-free vanilla pudding that I had on hand and strawberry jam. I baked mine in a greased casserole dish and they came out fine. These were easy to make and delicious - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 80 g butter, chilled, chopped
- 125 ml milk
- 125 ml prepared custard (vanilla )
- 2 tablespoons jam (Any type and warmed slightly)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 210°C Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the flour, icing sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the milk and process until dough just starts to come together.
- Turn onto a clean surface and knead until smooth. Roll out the dough on non-stick baking paper to form a 25 x 35cm rectangle.
- Spread evenly with the custard and top with the jam. Starting with the long side closest to you, roll up firmly to form a log. Trim the ends and discard. Cut crossways into 8 even portions.
- Arrange the portions, cut-side up, side by side and just touching on the lined tray. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Combine icing sugar mixture and butter and combine. Slowly add milk until desired icing mixture is achieved.