Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of my favorite summer dishes. I serve it a lot for guests when we are outdoors, but I love it sooo much I will go out in the winter to make these on the grill. If you have a gas grill you don't have to wait till summer to enjoy them, they are a treat in the winter also.Have been grilling these since 94. Another great recipe from TOH.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 0.333 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- tomatoes, slices (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into six patties, 3/4 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, bacon amd mayonnaise; refrigerate.
- Grill burgers over medium hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once.
- During the last 3 minutes, spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each burger.
- Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Simple burgers with great flavor. :) Due to the snow, we didn't grill these outdoors, but did use a grill pan to fry these on the stove. I used ground round for a leaner burger and didn't have any mushrooms on hand, but otherwise followed the recipe. Yum! They were perfect for an easy dinner served with some oven baked fries (from frozen) and a simple tossed salad. Can't wait to get outdoors to grill.