Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A recipe from New Zealand.
Make and share this Scroggins Biscuits (Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350F (180C), with oven rack just below the middle. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Beat the softened butter and the next five ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Sift in the flour and the baking soda, stirring with wooden spoon.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, using a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough and slightly flatten with hands for each cookie. Place onto prepared baking sheet, leaving some space for spreading, baking one sheet while you shape more cookies.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. While cookies are warm, use a spatula to place them onto a cooling rack.
- When cool, store in an airtight container.
These are yummy little guys! I love a mostly oatmeal-based cookie, and the addition of peanut butter is always welcome. I skipped the walnuts due to the fact that my peanut butter was crunchy, and also the raisins since my kids won't eat them. I did have some trouble with the dough spreading out during baking, but that could be because I halved the recipe? Who knows, they still tasted great and spread out cookies make for fantastic ice cream sandwiches! Made for ZWT 8: The Wild Bunch.