Recipe by Chef Engineer
I got this idea partially from the lemon rice recipe and decided to experiment a little. This is a relatively light rice that works well with almost any chicken dish. It has a hint of orange and a hint of vodka. All ingredients listed below are estimates, add more or less to your liking. Cooking is more fun when you stray from the recipe!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄4 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled (whole)
- 2 oranges (for zest and juice)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 ounces grey goose vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, brown the rice on high heat with oil until just slightly brown.
- As it's browning add the zest of the orange.
- Squeeze the juice into the 1 1/2 cups of water to give you 2 cups of liquid.
- Add the liquid to the slightly browned rice and turn the heat down to low/medium.
- Add your garlic cloves, onion, salt, pepper, and vodka and let cook for about ten minutes covered.