Chef Engineer's Note:
I got this idea partially from the lemon rice recipe and decided to experiment a little. This is a relatively light rice that works well with almost any chicken dish. It has a hint of orange and a hint of vodka. All ingredients listed below are estimates, add more or less to your liking. Cooking is more fun when you stray from the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pot, brown the rice on high heat with oil until just slightly brown.
- 2As it's browning add the zest of the orange.
- 3Squeeze the juice into the 1 1/2 cups of water to give you 2 cups of liquid.
- 4Add the liquid to the slightly browned rice and turn the heat down to low/medium.
- 5Add your garlic cloves, onion, salt, pepper, and vodka and let cook for about ten minutes covered.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Screw Driver (Vodka) Rice
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g