Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my favorite veggies to make when I'm looking for something to add pizzaz to a dinner. Also good alone.
- 16 ounces French style green beans, frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook beans in a small amount of boiling water for about 10-15 minutes (or according to package).
- Drain; keep warm.
- Add all ingredients and cook on low until butter has melted and flavors are combined - stir continuously.
These were nice green beans. I used frozen french-style green beans and really enjoyed the crushed red pepper that added a nice kick to these. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
Made with frozen "cut" green beans as that's what I had on hand. Steamed in the microwave instead of boiling. Then placed all with spices in a pot to heat through, simple but full of flavor with the spices, the red peppers added a nice kick to the dish.
Other than making this with canned beans, made as directed. Loved the addition of the red pepper flakes, gave this a nice twist to this. Made with Spiced Pan-Fried Fish Fillets, and well enjoyed. Made for Best of 2012 Tag.