Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
If you are a fan of spicy foods, and chili is one of your favorites, this chili from my own personal recipe book does indeed make things interesting. Delicious, simple, and hearty, this is one I've always got people coming back for.
- 1 lb spicy pork sausage (Jimmy Dean or equivalent)
- 2 lbs dark red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 12 ounces canned tomatoes (Spicy preferred. I recommend Rotel)
- 8 ounces corn (non Creamed)
- 1⁄4 lb queso blanco
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese
- Completely thaw the sausage, if frozen. It will be used as the base. Place at the bottom of a crock pot.
- Add the kidney beans without any juices, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and 2 teaspoons of hot paprika. Stir until the sausage is mixed properly with the spices and beans.
- At this point, you will add the tomatoes, no juice, and corn, with only half the juices (if using cans, as I do).
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Add the 1/4 pound of white queso, and 2/4 of a pound of the velveeta inches (They will melt as they cook. The other quarter pound is used at the end to thicken the chili.).
- Set the timer for 6 hours, and enjoy the time.
- When you come back, the crock pot should be on the warmer setting. Turn it onto the four hour setting and let it sit for 10 minutes. [Don't worry, this is just to melt the cheese you are about to add in].
- Stir thoroughly.
- Add the last 1/4 pound of velveeta in, and set the pot to warm.