These got rave reviews on a recipe list. I've not prepared them, so the prep time is an estimation and doesn't count the time necessary for the dough to rise.
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 (7 1/4 g) packages yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In small bowl combine water, yeast& sugar.
- Stir until dissolved, set aside.
- In large bowl, mix pudding with milk.
- Add 1/2 C melted butter,egg& salt.
- Mix well, then add yeast mixture& blend well.
- Gradually add flour and knead until smooth, adding a little more flour if needed (this is a soft dough).
- Place in a very large greased bowl.
- Cover& let rise until double in size.
- Punch down& cover and let rise again.
- Roll dough out on a large floured surface to a rectangle, about 34x21" in size.
- Brush the 1 C melted butter over dough.
- Combine brown sugar& cinnamon and sprinkle over butter.
- Roll dough up& cut into about 20 rolls (use dental floss to cut rolls easily).
- Pat each roll as you place it into a large greased pan (this helps keep rolls in shape).
- Let rolls rise in a warm place about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes, or until done.
- Beat cream cheese& butter until smooth, beat in vanilla and milk.
- Add powdered sugar& beat until smooth.
- Frost rolls while still very warm.