Recipe by Manami
Great for Halloween party! Brownie mix and cream cheese swirl into baked classic. Betty Crocker web site. Cooling time 1 hour & chilling time, at least 1 hour.
Top Review by Marsha D.
These are delicious and easy to make! I used a chunky chunk bownie mix (what I had on hand) and only 3 drops of each food coloring. Shared them with a few friends for a halloween trick or treat dessert. Everyone loved them! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 21 1⁄4 ounces betty crocker supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In small bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir brownie ingredients until well blended.
- Spread 3/4 of brownie batter in pan.
- Spoon filling by tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter.
- Spoon remaining brownie batter over filling.
- For marbled design, pull knife through batter and filling in wide curves; turn pan and repeat.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely at room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour until chilled.
- For brownies, cut with plastic knife into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- *High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude brownie mix directions--except add 1/4 cup flour to dry mix. Bake 32 to 36 minutes.