Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you enjoy making your dishes from scratch and revel in the subsequent feeling of achievement, you'll have fun with this delicious dessert. I think your family will enjoy it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (or frozen, thawed)
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Mix the crust ingredients in a bowl and press in the blend into a 7" x 11" baking dish.
- Bake the crust in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes and allow it to cool.
- To prepare the filling, use a Kitchen Aide or electric mixer to whip the cream cheese. Blend in the powdered sugar and the vanilla. By hand, fold in the whipped topping. Spread this mix on the cooled crust and refrigerate.
- Next, prepare the sauce: cook the sugar, water, and cornstarch in a saucepan, whisking until it is thick and clear. Remove from the heat and add the gelatin powder. Stir until it is dissolved.
- When the mix has cooled, add in the raspberries. Spread this blend on top of the cream cheese and refrigerate again until the top layer thickens. Serve cold.