Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
It goes well with syrup, ketchup or applesauce. Scrapple may be eaten hot or cold.
- 12 cups pork broth, strong (made from pork shoulder meat)
- 2 cups pork, finely cut
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, pork, cornmeal, onion, herbs, salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from heat and pour the mixture into large loaf pans.
- Chill until scrapple sets.
- When ready to serve scrapple, slice loaf into 1/2-inch slabs and saute in a butter-coated skillet.