1/1 Photo of Scrambled Tofu With Herbs and Cheese by Deborah Madison
Entered for safe-keeping. From Deborah Madison's "This Can't Be Tofu!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces soft tofu (1 carton)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric or 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon or 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped or 2 tablespoons scallions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup muenster cheese or 1/2 cup goat cheese or 1/2 cup feta cheese, grated
- black pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- 1Drain the tofu, wrap it in a towel, and press while you gather the rest of the ingredients.
- 2In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and butter.
- 3When oil and butter are hot, crumble the tofu into the pan in pieces about the size of scrambled egg curds.
- 4Sprinkle with the turmeric, season with salt, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until dry and firm (but not hard), for 3-5 minutes.
- 5Add the herbs and cheese, taste and season with pepper.
- 6Serve with a dash of paprika over the top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Tofu With Herbs and Cheese by Deborah Madison
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 539.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 13.0 g