Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tofu is a wonderfully versatile food! I make tofu "egg salad" fairly often, and it's delicious. So scrambled tofu on toast makes perfect sense to me. :)
- 10 ounces plain firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chopped herbs, of your preference: basil, chives, parsley
- salt & pepper
- 4 slices buttermilk, potato, or whole wheat bread, toasted, spread with butter
- Crumble the tofu and fry it in the vegetable oil and butter until evenly cooked.
- Add the turmeric, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Saute a further few minutes.
- Serve on crispy wholemeal toast spread with butter.
- This is the basic recipe... you can also add grated cheese, fried mushrooms, sweet or hot peppers, onions, garlic, or anything you like to this mixture to make it to your taste! Experiment and enjoy!
This was pretty good. I used basil and added a little onion and garlic. There was something in it that I didn't care for - I think maybe too much basil. Next time I'll try less basil and more onion and garlic. Thanks for a good starting recipe. I liked that it was yellow like scrambled eggs.