Recipe by Prose
This is inspired by the "Tofu Scrambler Seasoning Mix" by Fantastic Foods (but with a lot more flavor and no wheat). 1 batch will season 7 boxes of extra-firm silken tofu, each of which will serve 2-4 hungry breakfast eaters, depending on what else you serve with it. Keep on hand for an easy Sunday brunch; Perfect for camping; In a pretty jar, it makes a nice gift for anybody who can't eat eggs (vegans, people with high cholesterol, etc).
Top Review by MrsFunner
Excellent. My newly vegan husband said "I thought it was eggs but then I remembered." Served in tortillas with black beans, topped with salsa, fried potatoes on the side. Definitely will be making this often! Thanks.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in an airtight jar or Ziploc bag.
- To serve: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet. Crumble 1 12 oz. box of extra-firm silken tofu into a large bowl and mix in 1/4 cup (or more) Scrambled Tofu Mix. Mix until tofu is well coated, but do not mash the tofu too much. A plastic spatula works best. You want it to resemble the texture of scrambled eggs. Add to skillet and brown. Serve with salt, pepper, hot sauce, and extra nutritional yeast, if desired. Attach instructions to jar if giving as a gift.
- You can add any veggies you like. Simply sautee them before adding the tofu mixture to the skillet or use cooked, leftover veggies.