Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found on a vegan website - VeganEasy.org. I have enjoyed scrambled eggs for Sunday morning breakfast, but when the doctor found my cholesterol slightly elevated I thought I'd better re-think my Sunday treat. And this is it. Very tasty and satisfying, just as quick to prepare and healthy with it. Enjoy.
- 200 g tofu, crumbled
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons water
- fresh ground pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- parsley, to garnish
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Fry onion and tofu for a minute or two.
- Add tamari, yeast flakes, turmeric and water to pan and fry for a further minute.
- Remove from heat and stir through the fresh herbs. Add cracked black pepper to taste.