Recipe by Chef Sunshine
This is a wonderful vegetarian dish with a great flavor. The cheese can be omitted, and other vegetables such as green peppers or mushrooms can be added. It's great served with hot bran muffins.
Top Review by auk413
this was delicious. I had to use onion powder as well. and didn't have any tomatoes on hand, so I used spaghetti sauce (about 3 or 4 Tbs). Also we were out of cheddar cheese, so I used mozzarella.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm silken tofu, drained and mashed
- ground turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and saute green onions until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice and mashed tofu.
- Season with salt, pepper, and turmeric. Reduce heat, and simmer until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese to serve.