Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An early morning alternative to the typical egg sandwich. I love using a hot salsa on this. Other great foods I'd recommend to mix in with this are sun-dried tomatoes, avocado, or mushrooms. Try out your own combinations!
- 6 large eggs
- 6 teaspoons low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Whisk eggs together with milk and salt.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray or a small amount of butter.
- Heat skillet to medium heat and add eggs.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until set; season with salt and pepper.
- While eggs are cooking, toast English muffins.
- Top muffin halves with scrambled egg mixture.
- Spoon salsa over eggs and serve.
- If you're want to try the tomatoes or mushrooms or other add-ins, fry them in the butter in a frying pan for 2 to 3 minutes before adding the egg mixture.
These were really good. In fact they were so good that I made them several times this week for myself and my family (they really enjoyed it). What a great way to use eggs.
Just had these a few minutes ago. We really enjoyed these simple sandwiches. We used hot salsa which really gave them a nice zing. We also plan to try these with some other variations too. DH wants to try a sausage patty or sliced ham and mushrooms. Thanks Topher.