Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
What to do with all those fresh Jungle Roses you have lying around ;-)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rose water
- 1⁄8 cup chives, well chopped
- 1⁄8 cup feta cheese
- 4 jungle rose petals
- 1 dash salt
- 1 sprig spearmint (as Garnish)
- Rinse Jungle Rose petals well, then dry and cut into slivers with a sharp scissor; set aside Separate egg whites and yolks into separate bowls.
- Add water, rose water and salt to egg whites and whisk until well blended.
- Fold in egg yolks, add chives & whisk again until blended.
- Pour into hot, buttered small omelet pan; watch for the edges to firm.
- Using a spatula, fold firm edges into center; tip the skillet so that the still liquid center runs out to form a new edge.
- Continue folding in the firm edges & this process until no longer runny, but still wet inside.
- Sprinkle cheese & 1/2 of the slivered Jungle Rose Petals on top.
- Place entire pan in a broiler until the cheese is lightly melted.
- Remove the pan from the broiler, and fold the omelet in half.
- Transfer to dish and garnish with remaining Jungle Rose petals and the spearmint sprig on top.
- Serve with fresh fruit, toast & Rose Preserves.