Recipe by Mrs B
This can be used as a snack, starter, main or side dish; depending on your needs and number you're cooking for. It's quick and easy to make, and tastes good too. What's even more impressive in my book is that Mr B (who's not known for being fond of Indian food) actually likes it! The recipe comes from the back of a packet of Paneer.
- 8 ounces panir (one 227g pack)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- oil or ghee (for frying)
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble or grate the Paneer.
- Heat the oil or ghee in a large frying pan and gently fry the onion for about a minute.
- Add the green chillies and chopped ginger; continue to fry for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli powder and turmeric and continue to cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the Paneer and add salt to taste; continue cooking for another couple of minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander.