Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the 1955 cookbook, German Cookery & I'm posting it to add to the Deutsch recipes for the ZWT6.
Top Review by Lilac and Ivy
I was unsure how to cook these as I made a recent trip to Germany for the first time but only saw Kaiserschmarrn from a mix. So it was great to find this recipe! They cooked up beautifully and were just like I remembered. :) Thank you!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (again)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (again)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fruit (cut into bite-size pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the 1st 2 tablespoons of butter until frothy, then add, one after another, the sugar, egg yolks, salt, flour & milk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then carefull fold them into the batter.
- In a large skillet, melt the final tablespooon of butter, then pour the batter onto the butter, frying it, 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- With 2 forks, chop up the resulting pancake.
- Mix together the 1 tablespoon of sugar & 2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Serve on a hot platter, sprinkled with the cinnamon sugar & garnished with pieces of apple, cherries or other fruits, dried or fresh.