Recipe by OzeWez
Getting the kids to eat green vegies is always hard. This meal will have them coming back for more and its simple to make. I like it because it uses those small zucchinis that are always abundant when the zucchini plant starts to produce fruit.
- 4 zucchini (small)
- 10 cm leeks (use the light green part)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 8 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and trim the ends from the Zucchinis.
- Cut Zucchinis into slices (about 2 -3 mm).
- Cut Leek into 2 - 3 mm slices and then cut these rings in half.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add oil, butter and Zucchinis.
- Stir gently until the Zucchinis start to brown slightly.
- Whilst this is happening, break and add the eggs to a large beaker and stir the eggs gently so as to break the yolks. Do not whisk.
- Add the Leek into the skillet and stir until the Leek softens .
- Add the egg mixture into the skillet and gently fold the egg through the Zucchini and Leek.
- Keep folding and stirring so that all the egg cooks evenly and the vegetables have been well mixed.
- Do not over cook. Serve immediately onto warm toast and sprinkle with a little salt.