Recipe by BecR
Sophisticated lemon cream makes these simple scrambled eggs dinner table table-worthy. Lovely for a holiday breakfast/brunch, served with bubbly and mimosas. Enjoy! Be sure to use wild smoked salmon, preferably from Alaska. Wild salmon is sustainable, healthful and delicious. From Bon Appetit.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon packed finely grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 large green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- For the lemon cream: In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, fresh lemon juice, finely grated lemon peel, and the chopped fresh thyme. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs with salt & pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced green onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add eggs; cook until almost set, stirring often, about 1 minute.
- Divide scrambled eggs between two plates. Top scrambled eggs with thinly sliced smoked salmon; drizzle with lemon cream and serve. Delicious with a slice of buttered pumpernickel toast.