Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty meal as breakfast or brunch with lighty toasted bread, fruit salad and coffee or tea.
- 8 large eggs (8 white and four yolks)
- 0 shallots or 0 red onion
- 1 green onions or 1 scallion
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper (seeded)
- 1 potato (peeled)
- 1 carrot (peeled)
- 22.18 ml extra virgin olive oil or 22.18 ml vegetable oil
- 7.39 ml butter
- 59.14 ml milk
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Rinse and thinly chop all vegetables.
- Sauté the onion, scallion, potatoes, carrots with oil until tender.
- Add, butter, sweet pepper, tomatoes; stir-fry for two minutes.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs and milk with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the eggs on the sauté vegetables,, cook for 7 minutes by mixing and crushing till the eggs are scrambled to the size of the vegetables.
- P.S. If baking is desired. place the saute vegetables on lightly greased baking pan, pour the egg mixture; sprinkle some parmesan cheese. preheat the oven to 350 degree and bake it for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve it hot.
Another excellent recipe. Lovely Brunch or dinner egg recipe. I cut it back to 2 eggs used whole a plum tomato. Loved the flavor and it is very healthy - Used no butter or oil just a spray of "No Oil" Prepared for PAC2009