1/1 Photo of Scrambled Eggs with Tortillas
Years ago a friend of mine made eggs and tortillas for breakfast while I was visiting. I've been hooked ever since. My family doesn't ever want scrambled eggs. They always want eggs and tortillas. In fact, the only time I make plain scrambled eggs is when I am out of corn tortillas. It's a very simple recipe but it's very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crack the eggs into a bowl and add milk.
- 2Beat egg mixture with a fork until blended.
- 3In a skillet, heat 2 tbs oil over medium heat.
- 4Add tortilla triangles and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- 5Saute the tortillas for about two minutes
- 6Pour eggs mixture over tortillas, lightly sprinkle with more salt if desired.
- 7Gently fold egg and tortilla mixture with a spatula about every 30 seconds until eggs are scrambled and set (Do not over cook).
- 8Turn off heat.
- 9Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 10Cover skillet with a lid for about two minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- 11Serve with fresh or prepared salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Eggs with Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.0
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 637.7 mg
- Sodium 242.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 22.3 g