Recipe by beckas
Years ago a friend of mine made eggs and tortillas for breakfast while I was visiting. I've been hooked ever since. My family doesn't ever want scrambled eggs. They always want eggs and tortillas. In fact, the only time I make plain scrambled eggs is when I am out of corn tortillas. It's a very simple recipe but it's very good.
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into 1 ",triangles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add milk.
- Beat egg mixture with a fork until blended.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tbs oil over medium heat.
- Add tortilla triangles and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Saute the tortillas for about two minutes
- Pour eggs mixture over tortillas, lightly sprinkle with more salt if desired.
- Gently fold egg and tortilla mixture with a spatula about every 30 seconds until eggs are scrambled and set (Do not over cook).
- Turn off heat.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover skillet with a lid for about two minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with fresh or prepared salsa.