This is a wonderful change of pace for breakfast. Serve with fresh fruit and muffins.
Make and share this Scrambled Eggs With Tomato, Cheddar and Cilantro recipe from Food.com.
- If using whole eggs, whisk together with 2 Tbsp water until well blended, this is not necessary if using egg substitute.
- In large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add onion and cook, stirring until golden, approximately 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and add diced tomto, cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper.
- Cook until tomato is heated through and any juices have evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs all at once, reduce heat to medium and cook without stirring, for 1 minute.
- Using spatula, stir the eggs from the edges of the pan toward center.
- Continue to cook and stir gently until eggs are almost cooked, but are still moist, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Divide and serve on warmed plates.
This is a fantastic high protein, low fat lunch option! I am a big cilantro fan, so I added more. I also have experimented with this recipe and tried goat cheese instead of cheddar and added spinach along with the tomatoes. Still awesome!
We had this for breakfast this morning and it was excellent! The flavor of the cilantro with the other ingredients was just perfect. The only suggestion I would have would be to increase the portion size from one egg to two per person. I was left wanting more! Thanks for sharing. ~Sue
Delish! I ended up wrapping the end results in a flour tortilla, and loved it! I tried to limit the cilantro, but in the end, I added more than was asked for in the recipe. Great recipe!