1/7 Photos of Scrambled Eggs With Tomato, Cheddar and Cilantro
This is a wonderful change of pace for breakfast. Serve with fresh fruit and muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using whole eggs, whisk together with 2 Tbsp water until well blended, this is not necessary if using egg substitute.
- 2In large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- 3Add onion and cook, stirring until golden, approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Increase the heat to high and add diced tomto, cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper.
- 5Cook until tomato is heated through and any juices have evaporated, about 1 minute.
- 6Add eggs all at once, reduce heat to medium and cook without stirring, for 1 minute.
- 7Using spatula, stir the eggs from the edges of the pan toward center.
- 8Continue to cook and stir gently until eggs are almost cooked, but are still moist, about 3 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook for 1 minute longer.
- 10Divide and serve on warmed plates.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Eggs With Tomato, Cheddar and Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 212.9 mg
- Sodium 114.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g