Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this recipe because it is different and not the usual egg dish. It is from The Treasury of Creative Cooking. Preparation time is an estimate.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (1 cup shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain tamales, reserving 1/2 of sauce from can.
- Spray a 10 x 6 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove paper wrappings from tamales.
- Place tamales in a single layer in baking dish.
- Cover with reserved sauce.
- Bake 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Whisk eggs, milk and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add tomato, onion and chiles.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until vegetables are heated through.
- Add egg mixture.
- Cook, stirring gently until eggs are soft set.
- Remove tamales from oven and spoon eggs over tamales.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 4 inches below heat 30 seconds or just until cheese melts.
Yum. I had to try this recipe because I love tamales and scrambled eggs but never would have thought of combining them. It was a nice treat that I will make again. Thanks Toni in Colorado for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.