Recipe by Toni in Colorado
I like this recipe because it is different and not the usual egg dish. It is from The Treasury of Creative Cooking. Preparation time is an estimate.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum. I had to try this recipe because I love tamales and scrambled eggs but never would have thought of combining them. It was a nice treat that I will make again. Thanks Toni in Colorado for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (1 cup shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain tamales, reserving 1/2 of sauce from can.
- Spray a 10 x 6 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove paper wrappings from tamales.
- Place tamales in a single layer in baking dish.
- Cover with reserved sauce.
- Bake 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Whisk eggs, milk and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add tomato, onion and chiles.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until vegetables are heated through.
- Add egg mixture.
- Cook, stirring gently until eggs are soft set.
- Remove tamales from oven and spoon eggs over tamales.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 4 inches below heat 30 seconds or just until cheese melts.