This is a Faye Levy recipe from her weekly column in the Friday Jerusalem Post. This is a great breakfast meal for anyone, but especially for those who are Somersizing or on the Atkins (or any low carb) diet.
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml butter (or a mixture of both)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 package small mushroom, sliced
- 4.92 ml sweet Hungarian paprika
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper or 0.25 ml other hot red pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 4 eggs
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin.
- Saute, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and cayenne.
- Reduce the heat under the skillet with the mushrooms to low.
- Add the eggs and scramble them, stirring often, until they are set to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve.