1/1 Photo of Scrambled Eggs with Spiced Mushrooms
This is a Faye Levy recipe from her weekly column in the Friday Jerusalem Post. This is a great breakfast meal for anyone, but especially for those who are Somersizing or on the Atkins (or any low carb) diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter (or a mixture of both)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 package small mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or 1 pinch other hot red pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- 1Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onion and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the mushrooms, salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin.
- 4Saute, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
- 5Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and cayenne.
- 6Reduce the heat under the skillet with the mushrooms to low.
- 7Add the eggs and scramble them, stirring often, until they are set to taste.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- 9Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Eggs with Spiced Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.6
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 143.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 13.3 g