Recipe by kave1010
I found this recipe on Women's health magazine website. I changed the cheese from goat to feta because I don't like goat cheese. I also changed when you put in the cheese because I did not want the cheese melted.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 stalks asparagus, woody bottoms removed, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- salt and black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk (can also use soy milk)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet or saute pan over medium heat. When the butter begins to foam, add the asparagus and cook until just tender ("crisp-tender" in kitchen parlance). Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk with the milk. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper and add to the pan with the asparagus. Turn the heat down to low and use a wooden spoon to constantly stir and scrape the eggs until they begin to form soft curds.
- Remove from the heat when the eggs are still creamy and soft and then fold in the smoked salmon and feta cheese.